Brushes are a powerful tool in Adobe Lightroom. They allow you to locally correct certain parts of your images. This might be to enhance skin tones, apply light leaks, or implement the classic "dodge and burn" effect. Here's how to install you Adobe Lightroom Brush presets in both Windows and Mac.
- Open Adobe Lightroom.
- At the top, go to ‘Edit’ or ‘Lightroom’ (LR version dependant) then Preferences.
- In the options window, click on the ‘Presets’ tab at the top. Click on the button labelled ‘Show Lightroom Presets Folder’.
- Once in the Explorer/Finder window, make sure you in the ‘Lightroom’ folder, open the ‘Local Adjustment Presets’ folder.
- Now copy the files from the ‘TPF – Instant Film PRO Brushes’ folder from your downloaded zip file into this ‘Local Adjustment Presets’ folder. Make sure you copy the files in within the folder, and not the whole folder.
- Once copied, close Adobe Lightroom. Open Adobe Lightroom and the presets folder will appear on the right hand side under the Adjustment Brush botton at the top of the develop module.
You're now ready to start brushing away in Lightroom.